Top Notch ACL Repair in Cabo San Lucas Mexico
The Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) is one of the two ‘crossing’ ligaments within the knee. It attaches to the back of the thigh bone and the shin bone at the front and prevents excessive forward movement of the shin on the thigh bone. It also controls the knee during twisting or rotational movements.Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction (ACL reconstruction) is a surgical tissue graft replacement of the anterior cruciate ligament, located in the knee, to restore its function after anterior cruciate ligament injury. The torn ligament is removed from the knee before the graft is inserted.
ACL injury and other ligament injuries can be caused by:
- Twisting your knee with the foot planted
- Getting hit on the knee
- Extending the knee too far
- Jumping and landing on a flexed knee
- Stopping suddenly when running
- Suddenly shifting weight from one leg to the other
Who can be a candidate for ACL repair surgery?
- Have completely torn your ACL or have a partial tear and your knee is very unstable.
- Have gone through a rehab program and your knee is still unstable.
- Are very active in sports or have a job that requires knee strength and stability.
- Are willing to complete a long and rigorous rehab program.
- Have chronic ACL deficiency, which is when your knee is unstable and affecting your quality of life.
- Don’t have medical problems that make surgery too risky.
ACL repair prices in Cabo San Lucas Mexico
|Cabo Orthopaedics Joint Replacement Clinic||Top Notch ACL Repair||$6,000|
ACL repair surgery benefits
- Enables patients o lead active lives and to reduce further damage in the future.
- Enables athletes to continue to play sport and laborers to lift and carrying heavy objects
- When the ACL injury involves meniscal damage, reconstruction can help minimize any further damage to the knee that can result in the development of knee osteoarthritis.