Are you looking for an efficient, affordable liver transplant option? The solution you’ve been looking for may be waiting for you in India!
Global Hospitals Group (India) features top notch medical services and medical care. Offering the latest medical equipment, a highly experienced medical team, advanced facilities and great patient care, Global Hospitals Group has become a renowned healthcare provider in India and worldwide.
The liver transplant is a procedure aiming to remove the patient’s damaged liver and replace it with a healthy one. In the situation when the donor is a living person, it’s important to keep in mind that the liver has the regenerative ability and can reach its initial size. The liver transplant is done under general anaesthesia. The recovery time depends on several factors, including the patient’s condition before the transplantation.
Liver transplant is highly recommended for:
A liver transplant is needed in the following situations:
- The body is unable to eliminate toxic substances.
- The immune system is unable fight against infections.
- The patient suffers from certain liver diseases.
- Other treatments have no effect.
Medical conditions that might make liver transplant an option:
- Hepatic cirrhosis.
- Liver cancer.
- Other liver diseases.
- Liver or bile ducts birth defects.
What is the cost of liver transplant?
At Global Hospitals Group (India) the price of the liver transplant is $41,700.
Extra expenses (if required):
- Special Drugs used after transplant – In the event of any infection, special Medications like Zygris, Interferon, Liposomal Amphotericin – B, Zenapax, Immunoglobulins and requirement Of MARS and any special interventions which is not a part of a routine Liver Transplant, after discussion with the patient and his/her family: $8,500
- Special Drugs used in transplant to manage Hep B – Anti Viral & immunoglobulins are not included in package (Only in case of Hepatitis B related Liver Disease): $13,500- $16,500
- Pre operative Workup for donor & recipient – Includes two days deluxe room admission.
- Investigations pertaining to Biochemistry, Serology, Cardiology, Imaging, Pulmonology (done only once from investigations list provided at the time of workup).
- Consultations (only) with Psychiatry, Physician, Ophthalmologist, Transplant Surgeon, Cardiologist, Pulmonologist, Nutritionist, Nephrologist, Urologist/Gynaecologist, ENT, Anaesthetist and Dentist.
Surgical package included:
- 21 days at hospital including a maximum stay of 14 days in ICU.
- Donor Hepatectomy & 7 days hospitalization.
- All regular medicines used for liver transplant patients, inclusive of Tacrolimus.
- Professional charges.
- Operation Theater charges.
Transfusion Medicine Services:
- Blood and blood products, during and after transplantation.(All blood products are screened for HIV, HbsAg, HCV,VDRL, MP, CMV IgG, EBV VCA IgM, BV EBNA IgM,HTLV-1, Anti HBC, Anti Hbs Ab).
- Platelet donors and blood donors will have to be mobilized by the patient’s family as per the specifications received from the Blood Bank In-charge.
Add on services:
The following services will be provided at a nominal extra cost (on specific query and subject to confirmation from respective hospital):
- Room Upgrades are charged at the difference of room rates.
The Standard Package includes:
The Standard package includes the following in addition to the above:
- Single AC room with attached washroom, TV, Telephone, with facility for one attendant to stay.
- Free Airport pick-up and drop.
- In-house travel related servic es.
- Unlimited OPD Consultation s in first two months of surgery prior appointment.
- General Interpreter service at Reception/enquiry.
- Travel Desk assistance
- Immigration services, if required.
- If the donor is found to be Hep B antigen Core Reactive for which Immunoglobulin’s would be required, then the cost of the immunoglobulin’s are charged extra.
- Albumin, Anti Viral Therapy is NOT included.
- The Donor & the Recipient would require staying in India for 2-3 weeks for an interview with an authorization committee that would give the final approval for the transplant.
- The Donor & the Recipient must carry the affidavits, No Objection Certificate or a Consent letter from their Embassy (Based in India) stating that the Donor is providing the organ voluntarily & that there is no exchange or compensation for the transaction.
- Charges for inpatient stay in excess of the stipulated nights.
- Additional charges for these days including room and other charges such as pharmacy will be added to the package price.
- Charges for complex cases requiring emergency surgery or other conditions requiring equipment and hospital stays in excess to those specified.
- Visit by any Specialists other than mentioned in the package.
- Attendee’s food.
- Out Patient and Expenses incurred before admission, other than included in the package
- Items of personal nature such as in room soft drinks, telephone charges and guest meals will be charged at the normal rates in effect.
- Take home medications.
- Costs of Investigations additionally required, but not included in the package.
- Treatment of any unrelated illness. Any other additional procedure done will be charged.
- The Package excludes the Transplant medicines mentioned above in the special medicines list.
GLOBAL HOSPITALS SPECIAL CARE:
- Pre Hospitalization Stay: The Donor & the Recipient would require staying in India 2-3 weeks. Stay will be organized in a Guest House with in the Hospital premises, the cost of the same will be borne by the patient/ attendant
- Post Hospitalization Stay: Post Discharge the Donor & the Recipient will have to stay for another 6-8 weeks for necessary follow ups. Stay will be organized n the Guest House with in the Hospital premises. Cost shall be borne by the patient/attendant.
Benefits of the liver transplant:
- It’s a life saving procedure.
- It improves and prologues the patient’s life.